2010-04-11

It will never be the same...


Photobucket

"On 10 April 2010 on the way to commemoration ceremony of the 70 th anniversary of the Katyn* massacre the President of the Republic of Poland Mr Lech Kaczynski, the First Lady Mrs Maria Kaczynska, members of the polish delegation and crew lost their lives."
* I don't think that my readers know what Katyń is for Poles and for our history, I don't blame anyone for that. But if you want read more about that here is a Wikipedia link in english [Katyn]

"Polish President Lech Kaczynski and his wife Maria were killed Saturday along with all passengers of a presidential plane when it crashed while coming in for a landing at the Smolensk airport in western Russia."

I don't think that I'm a good patriot, but this situation makes me very sad. I don't voted in elections for Lech Kaczyński, neither I don't share this kind of political beliefs. But I have really big sense of loss. I still can't believe in this situation. It's a really hard for us. All Poles are in a deep shock. In this week Poland declared national mourning. I just hope that we can recover from this tragedy.

May they rest in peace...

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz